I agree about the phones My first smart phone was an android and it was just
fine. I went to iPhone because it synchro nicely with my computers. My iMac is
trouble free and a great workhorse, but I've been on Macs forever and Apple IIs
before that, so the user interface philosophy is ingrained. If I had been bred
on PCs it might seem foreign, But when I bought my first computer there was no
such thing as a PC. It was Apple, Atari, TRS 80, Company, Osborn or another of
that ilk. Apple was costly but a no brainer in terms of quality and capability.
The capability was provided by software vendors. In my case, Quark and Word
Juggler.

Paul via phone