The statement seemed incongruous to me as well, which is why I mentioned it.  
But it's from a senior manager and it's perfectly clear, despite much of the 
rest of the article being contradictory.


> On 07 April 2018 at 18:39 John <sesso...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> 
> 
> The impression I got when the K-1 Mark ii was announced was that the 
> improvements were driven (in part) by customer feedback and that feedback was 
> also the reason for the "upgrade" being available for existing K-1's
> 
> On 4/7/2018 11:00, Alex Sarbu wrote:
> > I see, thank you for the clarification. However, I disagree with your
> > interpretation; it can't possibly mean that. We have paragraphs like: "We
> > have lots of requests for lenses, especially from K-1 users. They want more
> > lenses that match the higher resolution of the K-1, so that’s one objective
> > which we would like to implement.", or "This form factor is iconic for the
> > Theta. We think it’s important. On the other hand, if there is demand, we
> > would like flexibly to think about any other possibilities, even for other
> > form factors." telling the complete opposite.
> > 
> > Actually I'm not sure what he meant... but let's not forget, he's a Japanese
> > speaking in a foreign language. Maybe they decided on the upgrade because of
> > the feedback? Maybe people are offering feedback on the upgrade? But it 
> > can't
> > be not incorporating our feedback into new products... the K-1 itself was
> > made because we demanded it.
> > 
> > OTOH... people's demands are all over the place, often mutually exclusive.
> > Listening doesn't mean meeting all our requests.
> > 
> > Alex
> > 
> > On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 10:35 AM, mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com>
> > wrote:
> >> "Feedback, especially from K-1 owners, is more focused on the upgrade
> >> services."
> >> 
> >> I see that as saying that feedback is used primarily to upgrade existing
> >> models, not on new model direction.
> >> 
> >> 
> >>> On 07 April 2018 at 08:26 Alex Sarbu <alexandru.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>> 
> >>> 
> >>> Interesting statement; as I'm seeing several times in the interview that
> >>> owner feedback is very important to them. But I don't see anywhere the
> >>> statement you're talking about.
> >>> 
> >>> Alex
> >>> 
> >>> On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 9:57 AM, mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com>
> >>> wrote:
> >>>>> On 06 April 2018 at 21:13 Gonz <rgonzoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>> 
> >>>>> 
> >>>>> https://www.dpreview.com/interviews/3329510590/ricoh-interview-the-development-of-the-k-series-is-our-first-priority
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>>  >>>>> Interesting statement that owner feedback has little (at best) 
> >>>>> effect on 
>  >>>>> new model develpoment.  That will hit some other forums right in the 
> ego 
>  >>>>> feels.

-- 
PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
PDML@pdml.net
http://pdml.net/mailman/listinfo/pdml_pdml.net
to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link directly above and follow 
the directions.

Reply via email to