I get good results matching the D FA 150-450 with the DA 1.4X converter. It’s a
very sharp combination and provides 630 mm reach. The converter causes minor
vignetting but most of my bird photos are crops anyway. When I do need the full
frame, I can clone out the vignette quite easily. I’ve also used the 150-450
with the A2X S converter. It’s manual focus of course, but the focus aids on
the K-1 work well, so even my old eyes can usually focus on a small bird. And
900mm reach is a boon at times.
Paul