Gonz, I entirely agree with you.
Ever since I owned the K-1 I am looking for a wide angle lens for landscape work, preferably as a prime. Something in the range of 20 or 24 mm. But there is nothing in the line of Pentax except the FA 15-30/2.8 which is about the price of the K-1 itself. I'm glad to still own an old Sigma 24/2.8 macro which is doing fairly well except for flare. A few months ago I bought a very cheap old Cosina MC 19-35 /3.5-4.6 to get a bit wider. I know there are some TP manual wide angle lenses being offered (Samyang, Venus, Irix) but going back to all manual is not the way I want. Further I wonder who will be interested in another 50 mm lens except a few 50 collectors. There are still plenty of 50/2.8 macro and FA 50/F1.4 around to do the job, and I doubt whether the new 50 will beat my Pentax F 50/2.8 macro on sharpness.

Henk