I'm sure its very nice at about 450mm with that convertor, but it
shows my point that you have to get one used.  Pentax is not making
them anymore.  I have a A* 300 2.8 with a 1.4x tele, but sometimes the
reach is not enough.  It was barely enough for the solar eclipse
recently.  A 600 would have been much better. And I know that the DA
560 can be used full frame, though there is going to be some amount of
vignetting with its image circle.  I don't know how bad though.  Wide
is where I really could use a prime.  they are making some pretty wide
full frames out there, but never in Pentax mount.  I have an old Sigma
15-30 that is somewhat adequate, though I would ideally like a prime
so that its widest aperture could afford better milky way shots.

--
-- Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding
it still. Dorothea Lange