I'm expecting it to be more like the Big Bad Wolf and the little piggy living in the "house of sticks".

Looks like the mandatory evacuations are starting to affect some inland counties. If I-40 hasn't been switched to all westbound traffic already, it will be soon.

This is the first major hurricane to hit North Carolina since I retired from the National Guard. Feels kind of weird to not be on standby, waiting for the call to report for duty.