Hi all,

How about entering into inquiry of a situation, a particular situation.
That situation will have a set of communications associated with it.
But that situation is only one situation of many possible situations.
And what we want to know is how it will play out in the next instance.
That would involve knowing the generals of the situation.
The general of the situation is to know what would be expected in the next
situation
The next situation is not known.  It may be a next situation that copies
the present situation perfectly.  That would be an average with no
remainder.
But most likely, that next situation will be not exactly the same, that is,
with remainder.
Therefore, what we seek is to know an imperfect general, some "average".
But there is no consonance between the "average" and the next situation.
So, to know the general is also to know the particular; and the general is
not the particular but is defined by particulars.  It's not an average but
has quality of average.

hth,
Jerry R