Mike, List:

I can definitely understand how some would find these discussions
"tiresome," but almost simultaneously with your negative response, I
received a private reply to the very same message from a "lurker" stating,
"This is great, and offlist - just wanted you to know that I enjoyed this
post and enjoy your posts in general."  As Peirce said, "Different people
have such wonderfully different ways of thinking ..." (CP 6.462).

I do not understand why my appeals to the List community's good judgment
would bother you so much.  They are really no different from when Edwina
has said (and I have agreed) that everyone must read Peirce for themselves
and come to their own conclusions.  In any case, with all due respect,
please do not try to dictate how I participate in the List.

Finally, as I have said before, I sincerely appreciate Edwina for
repeatedly forcing me to sharpen my thinking and argumentation, and I hope
that her experience has been similar.  I am always happy to give her the
last word when I have nothing further to add.