Jon - you have missed my point. I said exactly the opposite of you when I said
that people must read Peirce for themselves and come to their own conclusions.

Instead, you have constantly, relentlessly,  pointed out to me that I am quite
wrong in my own conclusions; that I have misread and misinterpreted Peirce and
that your readings are the accurate ones. That is, you have not allowed me that
right which you claim you do - to come to my own conclusions.

Actually, no, I must say that I haven't sharpened my thinking when interacting
with you; instead, I have been stunned by how you ignore various points I
raise,  twist my words, nitpick semantics, inform me of my
failings-to-understand and of your correct views - such that it becomes an
exhausting dead-end. My deep failure is that I respond to you. And I'll respond
to your final comment because it is so really ..bizarre but is indicative of
the whole tone of our interaction. You wrote:

Jon: I am always happy to give her the last word when I have nothing further to
add.

Don't you see how patronizing, how sanctimonious and smug that statement is? I
know you don't - but, it's quite the 'put-down' to tell someone that their
further arguments, after yours, are essentially irrelevant.

OK - I declare that I won't engage further with you.

Edwina