  From: Gary Richmond
  To: Peirce-L
  Sent: Friday, November 04, 2016 4:04 PM
  Subject: Re: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Metaphysics and Nothing (was Peirce's Cosmology)

  Helmut, List,

  Whatever you or Edwina may think, whatever the 'truth' of the matter may
prove to be (if any such proof were possible, which I greatly doubt), Peirce
wrote this (embedded in an argument which makes his position-- that there is a
Platonic cosmos from which this, shall we say, Aristotelian one issues--quite
clear).

    Peirce: "[A]ll this, be it remembered, is not of the order of the existing
universe, but is merely a Platonic world  of which we are, therefore, to
conceive that there are many, both coordinated and subordinated to one another
until finally one of these Platonic worlds is differentiated the particular
actual universe of existence in which we happen to be." (RLT, 263, emphasis
added).

  The immediate question as I see it is: How did Peirce conceive of this
matter? I would highly recommend that anyone looking into that question read
carefully RLT, esp. 261-264.

  Best,

  Gary R

  Gary Richmond
  Philosophy and Critical Thinking
  Communication Studies
  LaGuardia College of the City University of New York
  C 745
  718 482-5690