Yes, I was thinking of QED and more generally quantum field theory, but at that point I was unsure whether Jerry meant pre-QM classical electrical field theory, or some EF theory that tries to account for quantum effects while remaining classical, or even EF theory as incorporated by QED.

I'll take the opportunity here to correct an earlier post of mine. I should have said that the 2014 paper "Test of Lorentz invariance with atmospheric neutrinos" https://arxiv.org/abs/1410.4267 set the exclusion of Lorentz-invariance violations down to the order of 8∕100,000,000 (i.e., *8∕10⁸*) of the Planck length, not 8∕10,000,000 (i.e., *8∕10**⁷*), because the order of *8∕10⁸* is the one that's seven orders of magnitude below the previous limit of 8∕10. Eight or some such small number of one-hundred-millionths of the Planck length is very small, I wonder whether further research has borne it out.

Best, Ben