> On Dec 11, 2016, at 9:17 PM, John F Sowa <s...@bestweb.net> wrote:
>
> Theoretical physicists certainly recognize the need for
> experimental tests.  Unfortunately, they're running into the
> limits of current technology at the very large and very small.

I think the bigger problem is that most of the big theories (loop quantum
gravity, string theory) don’t really have even “in theory” tests that are
limited by technology. String theory in particular has the problem that it
explains too much. Thus the controversy with several books on the subject by
Lee Smolin, Peter Woit and others.