Jon, Edwina, list,

I see nothing whatsoever Saussurean semiological, nominalistic, or
literal-bound (whatever that might mean) in Jon's recent remarks and,
rather, have seen him to *consistently* make at least the attempt here to
analyze relevant concepts in the spirit of Peircean realism.

So I agree with Jon that if Edwina is unwilling or unable to substantiate
her allegations, offering specific examples with commentary analyzing why
she sees Jon's analysis as Saussurean and nominalistic, that there is no
good reason for Jon or anyone to take those allegations seriously. Indeed,
personally it strikes me as no more than a kind of 'intellectual
name-calling' lacking that substantiation.

Best.

Gary R

[image: Gary Richmond]

*Gary Richmond*