> On Jan 23, 2017, at 1:39 PM, Jon Alan Schmidt <jonalanschm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Jerry, List:
>
> I am not sure what you mean by "the scope of [my] literality," or the precise
> distinction that you are drawing between "pragmatically" vs.
> "philosophically" vs. "theologically."  Would you mind clarifying?

The generic meaning of these terms is fine with me.  It is also fine with me if
you choose your literal meanings.  see below.

Cheers

Jerry

literal |ˈlidərəlˈlitrəl|
adjective
1 taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory:
dreadful in its literal sense, full of dread.
• free from exaggeration or distortion: you shouldn't take this as a literal
record of events.
• informal absolute (used to emphasize that a strong expression is deliberately
chosen to convey one's feelings): fifteen years of literal hell.
2 (of a translation) representing the exact words of the original text.
• (of a visual representation) exactly copied; realistic as opposed to abstract
or impressionistic.
3 (also literal-minded) (of a person or performance) lacking imagination;
prosaic.
4 of, in, or expressed by a letter or the letters of the alphabet: literal
mnemonics.