Jerry, List:

Why would "[my] literal meanings" of those terms be different from anyone
else's, or from the "generic meaning"?  As a first attempt ...

   - Pragmatically, all real reactions have a tendency toward regularity
   (i.e., habit-taking).
   - Philosophically, 1ns and 2ns are both governed by 3ns (cf. CP 6.202).
   - Theologically, God created everything else out of absolutely nothing.

Regards,

Jon