Clark, list:

I have to say, I really like this sentence:

“Peirce’s notion largely comes out of the idea that for a difference to be
a difference it must make a difference and that those differences over time
act on inquirers.”

But this one leaves me uneasy:

“Peirce gets the idea of habit right but I’m not sure he’s thought through
the implications of erratic patterns of repetition and its implication for
knowledge.”

For I think we ought to consider whether we have not thought through the
implications before we start to think Peirce had not thought through the
implications; especially those matters relating to thinking and man's
nature.

Matthew 26:34-35

 "Truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "this very night, before the rooster
crows, you will disown me three times.

"No!" Peter insisted. "Even if I have to die with you, I will never deny
you!" And all the other disciples vowed the same.

The surprising fact, C, is observed;

But if A were true…

Best,
Jerry R