I'll take a look at your project, but to be honest I wouldn't want to
'use' an IDE for training. I'm teaching Perl, not how to use a
programming tool. Personally I've been using Komodo Edit lately and been
quite happy with the most recent version.

For me there is only one item that is critically important for a class
though, and that is that whatever editor/IDE used in a workshop have
solid syntax highlighting support (well, as well as the usual
cut/copy/paste/undo etc. ;). Generally selecting an editor is part of
working with the IT staff at the location where I'll run the workshop.
If there is one that the organization has 'standardized' on I'll use
that, and if not I'll suggest one or two appropriate to the platform.
When the workshop starts I then tell the students that if they have
access to an editor they like better they should feel free to use that
instead.

HTH,
Sean

--