Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> That's the tricky part, or where the runtime-hell comes in. What
> I did was to write a small java program based on the samples in
> Lucene to connect to my database and feed the data into Lucene.
> At search time, I have another little Java program that takes the
> query string from command line and prints out search results to
> standard output. My PHP script then just fires up a shell script
> that in turn runs the Java program, piping the output into PHP...

Knowledge is Power. (Alvin Toffler)

That's a very wonderful architecture. It seems that I was blind before reading your e-mail. I have never thought about "shell" power before, and using it as an interface to talk with Java. I like your point of view. Very Interesting!

Thank you very much for sharing the source code!

Behzad

Yahoo! Shopping