Tom Lane wrote:

Not that there's anything wrong with a performance-oriented release
... but if you think that 8.2 is short on features, you'd better get
ready to be disappointed by every future release.

It's a pity that some expectations have been raised about features that we haven't seen patches for, e.g. MERGE and/or some form of UPSERT, and recursive queries. I am not pointing fingers, but I do think we need some way in which the community can ensure that certain goals are met, or at least try to help if things fall in a ditch, rather than just relying on hackers scratching whatever itch they happen to get in splendid isolation and then trying to merge the results.

cheers

andrew

      match