On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Sterling Hughes wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Jani Taskinen wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Sterling Hughes wrote:
>>
>> >I think its not a bad idea to encourage (even more :) bug fixing for the
>> >next release, but I don't think restricting valuable and/or needed
>> >features is a good idea.
>>
>> You're just lazy. :)
>
>I really don't see that in my statement.  I'm saying is that going
>gung-ho at fixing bugs is great, but I don't see any reason to reject
>work because it is a feature rather than a bug fix.

Okay, wrong choice of word. I meant to say: You're just impatient.
Why couldn't you wait with those features until the bug fixing period
would be over? And adding new features is usually also adding of new
bugs..

>> There are these 'bugs' with type 'Feature/Change request'... so?
>There not really "bugs" in the terms that I think everyone else is
>referring to a bug as.  Its just convient to place these in the bugs db.

Hrhm..forget about it.

Anyway, we can forget this as most of the developers seem to object the
idea of 'bug fixing freeze'. (most of them have kept their mouths shut)

--Jani