Paul,

I'm not sure what you're looking for here. You've asked repeatedly for
someone to explain the role. It is defined in the bylaws here
<http://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/membership/#fig-secretary>. There is no
other secret definition that is being hidden. I don't know if it's your
intention or not, but your behavior is very distracting and disruptive.
Hectoring the mailing list about this issue is unacceptable. Please
consider this your warning. You are welcome to voice your opinions or
suggest bylaw changes. You cannot badger the group to play a game that no
one but you understands.

Best,
Samantha