> I will say that it's too bad this discussion period was wasted

It wasn't wasted as much as it was hijacked by Paul.

> Is that what everyone who voted +1 on the secretary role understood the
case to be?

It doesn't matter, because FIG 3.0 doesn't change the bylaws regarding a
secretary's role. This is a FIG 3.0 proposal thread. You are deliberately
hindering the discussion. Like everyone else already said, if you're
unhappy with the current state of affairs, propose bylaw changes regarding
the secretaries' role in FIG and put that to a vote.

Now, we can spend the rest of our lives here in this back-and-forth. You
keep saying there is a problem, I keep responding that IF there is one,
it's not FIG 3.0 related.