Chris,

Exactly. I am relying on the webserver to provide the restrictions.

Now my next question:
what functions should I utilize or come close to to do it? There isnt any
PHP pages directed towards teh directory itself. Its is just a hard link to
the protected areas. Are there any functions that support it?

Im googling now ;)

Thanks for your answers in advanced and previously.
Chris