Hi Konrad,

> Yes I see it now \ref{set} does what I want.

sorry for the confusion, the syntax is actually \{ref:set} which fits
well with the existing \{http: way of handling links.  You were too
quick and discovered my experiment before I settled on a solution;-)

> In regards to the todo. I would strongly advocate picking one markup
> style and sticking to it, rather than mixing Tex and HTML markup.
> In general I would lean towards Tex style markup, as it tends to be
> more concise.

I welcome any suggestions on this.  I prefer the TeX style markup for
most things but not sure about things like tables, <pre>, <lisp> and
maybe lists...  When things get big, it gets easier to miss } and the
hmtl style markup is more explicit and reliable?

> As far as I can see most wiki's have steered away from using HTML
> markup. I'm not exactly sure why this is. Though I suspect it may
> have somthing to do with conciseness, and reducing barriers to
> non-programmers.

Yes, but that is more difficult to implement as there is lots of
special arbitrary cases to handle suddenly.  I would rather stick with
the picoLisp tradition and keep it simple.  When somebody works with
picoLisp, a bit of markup cannot be too difficult:-)

> Depending on how things are implemented there may be security issues
> as well. such as injecting malicious html into a wiki that will simply
> display whatever is given.

picoWiki does not output the markup directly.  It is parsed first and
only if it understood, then it is "interpreted" and output.  I don't
think there is a danger of injecting something, or at least should not
if I escape all i/o correctly.