On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 01:39:33PM +0200, Alexander Burger wrote:
> Too bad! What's the correct way to handle this?

Actually, the culprit is the 'http' server function. It sends a mime
type of "application/octet-stream" (as can also be seen in the output of
'trace' in my previous mail) if the file extension is not in '*Mimes'.

It seems that it must again call 'file', but this is quite an overhead.
But I see no other way, as at that time (responding to a GET request)
the server does not know what kind of file it is (e.g. a blob from that
application).