On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 02:20:34PM +0200, Alexander Burger wrote:
> Actually, the culprit is the 'http' server function. It sends a mime
> type of "application/octet-stream" (as can also be seen in the output of
> 'trace' in my previous mail) if the file extension is not in '*Mimes'.

OK, I found a solution:

In "wiki/main.l" I inserted the line

   (mime "d" NIL 60)

This extends the '*Mimes' list by an "empty" type for our blobs.

Then I modified 'httpEcho' (in "lib/http.l"), so that - if it receives
an empty mime type - it calls the 'file' command to determine the type
dynamically.

This has a slight runtime overhead (about 10 ms), but seems quite
general and convenient to me.

To try it, please download both "picoLisp.tgz" and "wiki.tgz".