Hi Alex,

> For me it is critical, as my economic survival depends on it.

Do you mean that your economic survival depends on changing the licence
to BSD?  Then yes, because without you there is no PicoLisp;-)

> What do you think if PicoLisp were released under the BSD license
> instead of GPL?

http://www.linfo.org/linus.html

   In what Torvalds now admits was one of his best decisions, he decided
   to release Linux under the GPL (GNU General Public License)...

Although I wouldn't mind a BSD style licence.  It's mostly your sweat
you're giving away;-)

There are also other licences like Lisp Lesser General Public Licence
http://www.cliki.net/LLGPL http://opensource.franz.com/preamble.html
which is used in some Common Lisp projects and it does address some
concerns specific to Lisp development.  I'm not a lawyer so I can't
advice on licensing issues.

Cheers,

Tomas