> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 07:10:06PM +0200, Alexander Burger wrote:
>> Great, thanks! Got "code.s" ... will analyze it on Sunday.
>
> Good, just now I found the time! :)
>

> So I constructed a new "src64/sys/x86-64.openBsd.code.l" from what I
> found in your "code.s". I can't test it, but I hope it is correct.
>
> I think we are quite close now. I put a new "OpenBSD" clause into
> "src64/Makefile", and uploaded it all in a new "picoLisp.tgz" (and a
> "x86-64.openBsd.tgz") on the download page.
>
> If you have time, please fetch it, and have a look at the LD-MAIN and
> LD-SHARED variables in the Makefile, and experiment to find optimal
> values for them, then send us the results.

Thanks, I will do it tomorrow and report everything together. i.e the
ranges from before and your final result!

> Ah, one important point: Can we be sure that OpenBSD uses the ELF linker
> format? If not (e.g. the old "a.out" format), we might have problems
> similar to those on Mac OS.

ELF is used everywhere except for some exotic arches for OpenBSD, I
don't know exactly so I won't be able to answer.

But AFAIK, amd64/x86/macppc/sparc/sparc64/loongson (loongson is mips)
all use ELF.

thanks a ton!!!