Jakob Eriksson <ja...@aurorasystems.eu> writes:

> On April 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM Thorsten <quintf...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately, it seems that enthusiasm of aficionados of other
>> (slower?) Lisp dialects is limited, since in no time I had 2 negative
>> votes and 1 close request. So may be have a quick look before the
>> inevitable happens - the question is closed and moved to some hidden
>> dark spot of the internet.
>

> Stackoverflow is not for these kinds of "questions". I don't know how
> to word something like that for it be accepted by SO.
>
> But I am a strong proponent of moving questions people ask here about
> programming problems with PicoLisp, to SO. It will increase the
> visibility of PicoLisp.
> SO is more for "why does this not work, I have tried X, Y and Z, can
> you help me?" more than "give me stats for this program".

Hi Jakob,
these 2 questions are among the most popular on stackoverflow:

,-------------------------------------------------------------------------
`-------------------------------------------------------------------------

,-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| 819
| votes
| 36
| answers
| 143k views
| Git for beginners: The definitive practical guide
| Ok, after seeing this post by PJ Hyett, I have decided to skip to the
| end and go with Git. So what I need is a beginner's practical guide to
| Git. "Beginner" being defined as someone who knows how to ...
`-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets face it, questions are only good questions on stackoverflow if the
answer is what the crowd wants to hear. This kind of crowd censorship is
well known from wikipedia. Its a waste of time to post there if any 5
people can close a question that is unfavorable for their favorite
language or tool. Where is the scientific spirit that first looks at the
numbers an then forms an opinion?

I used to like stackoverflow, but why invest time there if your question
is gone after a few hours?

--
cheers,
Thorsten