Just a lurker passing by:

Personally I'm much less excited about things like pip or node.js packages.
While I get their appeal often times you end up with quite a nonses like
node.js left-pad issue of year or so ago. In my eyes it promotes a kinda of
"shatered into milion pieces" situation. I'm much more keen on how things are
in C land - go get stuff yourself :). Which somewhat prevents "dependacny
creep".