On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 12:27:45PM +0100, Richard Z wrote:
> > I won't think so, as this animation is driven by JavaScript (the '(+Click
> > +Auto
> > +Button) in "demo/fields.l"), which stops as soon as the browser leaves the
> > page. Not sure what happens ...
>
> you are right, after playing with it a bit more it seems to be the "canvas"
> demo. Tapping it does seemingly nothing but afterwards everything is dead
> slow.

Hmm, strange. The canvas is also driven by JavaScript ...

I tried it here (on a 64-bit CPU) and see an increase in CPU activity only as
long as the "Forest Fire" is running in front. Then it is 60% - 90% (as opposed
to 5% - 10% when idle).

BTW, I test this with a split screen, Termux in one and PilBox in the other
window. In Termux I run a "cpu" script. In case somebody wants to try:

#!/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/pil
# 04nov17abu

(let Idle
   (make
      (in "/proc/stat"