Hi Alan,

No problem - CMake for MinGW-w64/MSYS2 lists three possible generators and IIRC
the MinGW one complains about bash. Which is why I have used the other two. And
then stumbled on the difference.

> > No luck sofar with PyQt4 - it appears I need both SIP (got that),
> pyqt4 (got that) and pyqtconfig (presenting a puzzle). The latter component
> has me
> puzzled, as I do not know anything about Python package management. First I
> downloaded a tarball for pyqtconfig, from PyPI, but it has no instructions on
> the
> actual installation. It seems I need PIP, so I got that, but that does not
> show up as
> a runnable command (either in the command shell or in the Python shell). So I
> am
> stuck, unless it is a matter of unpacking the tarball in the right location.
>
> > Please advise me on how to proceed.
>
> If what you have done is unpacked an external tarball (i.e., the pyqtconfig
> tarball
> you mentioned) on top of your existing
> MinGW-w64/MSYS2 snapshot system files, then I cannot emphasize enough, that
> procedure is absolutely not recommended.  The issue is that overwriting your
> system that way can introduce system incompatibilities and even security
> issues for
> your platform.

No, I expressly did not.

> I suggested you install mingw-w64-x86_64-python3-sip AND all its dependencies,
> and I assume you have done that, but the issue is likely that you need to
> install one
> or more additional packages to get access to "pyqtconfig"

As you can see in the attached report from "pacman", the package manager under
MinGW-w64/MSYS2, I have installed both SIP and PyQt4 for Python 3. I have
searched the installation directory for any file "pyqt*.*", but it did not turn
up "pyqtconfig.py" or the like. When I tried "pacman -Q -o pyqtconfig.py" to
search for the package that "owns" that file, I got the reply that there was
nothing there. Though I am not sure if it is the correct command - it complains
about the file not being found via the PATH.

> For example, on Debian Jessie my search for packages which contain any file
> with
> "pyqtconfig" somewhere in the filename yielded the following:
>
> irwin@raven> apt-file search pyqtconfig
> python-qt4: /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4/pyqtconfig.py
> python-qt4-dbg: /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4/pyqtconfig_d.py
> python3-pyqt4: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/PyQt4/pyqtconfig.py
> python3-pyqt4: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/PyQt4/pyqtconfig_nd4.py
> python3-pyqt4-dbg: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/PyQt4/pyqtconfig_d4.py
>
> I only have the names of the MinGW-w64/MSYS2 packages available to me and
> not their file contents, but if you currently do not have
> mingw-w64-x86_64-python3-pyqt4 installed, I suggest you install that package
> see if that solves the missing pyqtconfig issue.

That is not the solution.

I will ask on the MinGW-w64/MSYS2 mailing list for advice.

Regards,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.