On 2017-08-09 12:06-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

On 2017-08-09 10:46-0000 Arjen Markus wrote:

Hi Alan,

My apologises - I thought I had selected the right one. Here is the correct tarball. More comments below.

Hi Arjen:

I have now looked at what you sent me
(comprehensive_test.tar_mingw_aug.gz), and it is an older result
without qt4 or diff i.e., not what I asked for.

But actually that missing report tarball does not really matter since
that test with qt4 and diff that you described did not have git
installed or all packages you needed for pyqt4. Therefore, here is
what I would like you to do to finish off noninteractive testing
on the MinGW-w64/MSYS2 platform.

(1) Install a new snapshot (i.e., with its own unique install prefix)
from scratch that includes git, diffutils, qt4, and all the
pyqt4-related packages that we discussed (including
mingw-w64-x86_64-python3-pyqt4). This install procedure (which I hope you have
almost entirely automated by now) should not only install all needed
PLplot packages, but also remove any doubts about the effect of
overwriting your current MinGW-w64/MSYS2 snapshot system files by
attempting to use external packages rather than official
MinGW-w64/MSYS2 installs to update your current system snapshot.

(2) Run the noninteractive comprehensive test and send the generated
report tarball to me.  If that script does not show
a pyqt4 build error, that will be the
report for MinGW-w64/MSYS2 that I summarize on our Wiki prior to the
release of 5.13.0. However, in the event that the report tarball shows
a pyqt4 build failure, then please send that report to me as well as a
report for a subsequent script launch where you disabled the pyqt4
componenent of PLplot. The former report would help me to advise you
after the 5.13.0 release about what to do about pyqt4 and the latter
will be the report for MinGW-w64/MSYS2 that I summarize on our Wiki
prior to the release of 5.13.0 (including a note about why the pyqt4
component of PLplot had to be dropped from the test).

Thanks for the reminder (on the MSYS2 list) that our build system
automatically drops pyqt4 without any build error due to the "missing
pyqtconfig.py " issue on this platform.  As a result, this step should
simply read

(2') Run the noninteractive comprehensive test and send the generated
report tarball to me.

(3) After success (with or without pyqt4) on MinGW-w64/MSYS2, follow
up with the constrained noninteractive comprehensive test I suggested
where you collect the ~62MB of plot results in a tarball and post that
tarball somewhere I can download it for my viewing pleasure (hah).

Once you perform (1), (2'), and (3), I should have two report tarballs
to look at as well as one ~62MB tarball collection of plot file
results, and assuming those reveal no more issues (other than the
"missing pyqtconfig.py" issue we will be dealing with after the
release), then these should be the last noninteractive tests
you need to make on this platform before the release.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

Linux-powered Science