Andrew J Jenkins wrote:

> I'd still like to know some more specifics regarding optimizing this new
> rule. My 31's DO live a much shorter life than the 62's, on average, and I'm
> sure everyone else would ultimately benefit from the information too. A rule
> is only useful if its substance can be decoded...

I am not sure what exactly you are asking me to elaborate on.  If I am off the
mark, please explain the question.

It is a fact of life that the smaller the router bit, the sooner it will break
or get dull (if it lives that long).  Most board houses would prefer to route
the boards with a larger bit.  Always try and specify the largest inside radius
you can get away with.  I always ask myself "do I REALLY need to do this" when
I am specifying a radius smaller than 75 mils (can be comfortably cut with a
1/8" router).  That is just my personal rule.  If you really need something
smaller, then specify it and let the board house deal with it.  They may get a
little annoyed at you, but they are quite capable of using much smaller router
bits.  Unfortunately, you will end up compensating them for their annoyance and
the extra time by paying extra $$$  The ultimate tool (as you pointed out) is a
simple old file, which will give you pretty much a 0 mil radius.  You can do it
yourself, or pay the board house to do it.

Hamid