Perhaps I should read ahead, instead of popping in so quickly. I see that
Mr. Wasti has at least partially answered my questions (under the subject
of Optimum Routing inside radius, was:  Rectangle holes):

At 09:52 AM 2/15/01 -0800, Hamid A. Wasti wrote:
>It is a fact of life that the smaller the router bit, the sooner it will break
>or get dull (if it lives that long).  Most board houses would prefer to route
>the boards with a larger bit.  Always try and specify the largest inside
>radius
>you can get away with.  I always ask myself "do I REALLY need to do this" when
>I am specifying a radius smaller than 75 mils (can be comfortably cut with a
>1/8" router).  That is just my personal rule.

Obviously, a corner can be cut with a drill moving at constant speed along
the cut, programmed to move along an arc at that speed. An inside radius
equal to the radius of the bit, however, will cause a discontinuity in the
axis velocity. Since real objects have inertia and elasticity, the chatter
becomes completely understandable. I'd think that a certain maximum
deacceleration for each axis could be specified, and thus the minimum
oversize of the specified radius from the bit radius could be calculated.
Apparently 12 mils oversize is enough. At what point would a smaller
oversize actually start to cause problems?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433