My personal take on hidden pins is that they should never be used.
All our symbols have a separate power part (unless it's logical
for the power pins to be on the main symbol part), which needs to
be explicitly placed on the schematic sheet. We do this to avoid
automagical connection of power pins to incorrect nets. If we forget
to place the power pin symbol part, the DRC will always tell you, but
you'll never get a warning if the power pins have been connected
to a valid, but incorrect, net!

Just my $0.02

Cheers,

John Haddy