Sometimes a consistent crash on startup of Client is due to a defective
database which is being loaded automatically. There may be a key command,
as I recall, which will interrupt the startup, but I don't recall what it
is. It isn't ESC.

[It ought to be.]

In any case, I took my file Windows/Client99SE.ini and edited it with
Notepad to remove the following:

[Open Window 1]
Name=D>MSACCESS:$RP>C:\TEMP$RN>Hirose~1.ddb$OP>$ON>Root$ID>1$ATTR>0$E>Folder$STF>
MinX=-1
MinY=-1
MaxX=-1
MaxY=-1
flags=0
ShowCmd=1
Left=3
Top=3
Right=1365
Bottom=1049

Needless to say, Client was loading the Hirose file Mr. Jenkins sent us,
and I had closed Client. When I deleted the open window command from the
...ini file, saved it, and reloaded client, the Hirose database did not load.
Presumably multiple open commands could similarly be removed.

Though this is a bit cumbersome, it is superior in one way to using a load
interrupt, because one will get a list of the potential problem files which
can then be investigated one at a time.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690