Hi,
I got a couple of questions on component symbols/libraries.

I'm trying to put together a company components library where the required
details, including our company stock number, manufacturer's part number ,
are part of the unique propertise of each component in the library and can
be identified from the library menu with a descriptive name.

Example of descripive name: 10K_0805_MF_1%

1/      Does anyone know how the part name that is displayed on the
schematic can be edited in the component library such that it is different
from the library reference when the component is placed? Ideally, in the
case of the above resistor, I would just want its value displayed.

I know it can be edited as, or subsequent to, the part is being placed on
the schematic sheet, I'm just looking to see if there is a way of defining
the part name in the library.

The problem is that I want to list the components in the library using
descriptive names but I don't want the full descriptive detail on the
schematic or interfering with the value for simulation.

2/      Has anyone succeded in generating company component libraries? How
did you manage?

Kindest regards

TC