From: Crist, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 12:23 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: RE: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Component part names

The problem seems to be how Protel wants you to store parts - it doesn't
easily allow large resistor and capacitor libraries, it seems to me.  I too
would like to pick a specific resistor from the library and have our company
stock number follow along and print out later on the Bill of Materials; but
the only way I can see to do both that and to have small, easy to manipulate
data fields (separate ones for "10K" and "1%" for example) is to first place
the components with the part type field showing the cumbersome part name,
than to import data from a parts database that would key to the company
stock number (or the part name) and fill in part fields with the appropriate
data.  Then I would have to go back over the schematic and hide the part
types, as well as massage the part fields to get the appearance I want.
Lack of time to explore the database import option has put this "overhead"
project on hold for me.

Mike Crist
Newport Corp.