Bryan,

It is possible that the rest of the board was lighting up for the same
reason you could not route the pads together.

Have you checked it after going through the procedure in the order listed?
Is the whole board still lit up?

After you go through the procedure to update the primitives, re-run the
Batch DRC to see if it will clear the violations.

Also... a common thing I forgot as well...  Make sure you are not getting
Component Clearance violations that you consider irrelevant.  In your Design
Rules under the Placement tab there is a rule for component clearance... if
this was left at the default of 10mil this may be where some violations are
coming from.  I personally turn this off... but you may want to look here as
well.

Check to see what type of violations they are by changing the Browse
pull-down to violations.  Knowing what type of violation and the details of
the primitives involved will definitely help in finding their cause.

Let me know if this helps.

Colby Siemer                        ** Custom Battery Chargers
                                           ** Custom Power Supplies
PowerStream Technology       ** Custom UPS
140 S. Mountainway Drive      ** Custom DC/DC Converters
Orem Utah 84058                  ** Power management electronics for OEMs

http://www.PowerStream.com