Hello Tom, Colby,

Tom, yes I'm sure they connect. The autorouter routed the connection for me,
but routed it with changing layers and adding vias where there is no need.
What I wanted to do is remove the via and changed layer and to reconnect the
2 pads with a single straight trace.

here are some more details,

Pad A (10400, 11950) - [NetU2_TG_8] - Pin 5 of a 5 pin sip
Pad B (10500, 11950) - [NetU2_TG_8] - Pin 4 of an 8 pin DIPSWITCH

I checked to see if there was anything underneath the pad, and there was
nothing.

Colby, you are on the right line of thinking  though....... my whole board
lights up like a christmas tree with clearance violations, even though there
shouldn't  be any. I have someone at the Protel Tech support looking into
this for me. I remember asking this question once and was told to "Clear
Nets", "Update free primitives", then to reload my netlist. It didn't work.

How do I set the interactive routing to "Avoid Obstacle"?

Very kind Regards,

Bryan Bernesi