At 12:42 PM 2/27/01 -0500, Bryan Bernesi wrote:
>Thank you very, very much Colby. I was following the wrong steps before.
>
>I still have not gotten a response from Protel Tech support..... but would
>you know why my complete board would be lighting up with clearance
>violations??? and how can I fix this problem without turning off the
>clearance constraint rule, just in case there is a DRC....

Clear out the error markers, and then run a new DRC. The new DRC should
clear out the old markers, but I would not want to bet my life on it.

If you still have violations, well, you still have violations. On the
panel, browse primitives for Errors. Pick one and see what it is.... You
can also read the DRC report, which will be a little more thorough.

My rule: keep Avoid Obstacle on. It is much easier to avoid rule violations
from the outset than to deal with them later. Besides, with avoid obstacle
on, you have a very powerful tool for routing at maximum density. You can
bang a track up against another and Protel will automatically place the new
track at minimum spacing. This is a huge timesaver when it is necessary to
go off grid.

It could be improved but I won't get into that now. 3/4 a loaf is better
than none.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690