On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Brad Velander wrote:

>       As for your POT symbol/footprint problem, I have seen manufacturer's
> parts specs that would have fit your symbol pin numbering (pin #3 is wiper).
> So is the symbol you used wrong? No it was simply not the symbol which you
> wanted to use. Assume nothing when it comes to vendor supplied libraries!
> When you make a library part document it in a way that think is suitable to
> ensure others don't make similar mistakes using your library.

Also, there's no need to use dull pin numbers like 1, 2 and 3. For a pot,
I'd go for CW, CCW and WIP , just to hammer it home. Same goes for my big
collection of SOT23 footprints, given that I can't trust any manufacturer
for pin names, I'll do it myself, and it's dead handy while debugging
boards T3.E means more to me than T3.3 (assuming I got it right at
schematic time).

Steve