Hi again Brad,
I don't know what to about stupid and "Oooops" but I try to get all the
designers not to ever
open the parts library. There is no need they can't do anything to it
anyway even if they copy it to their pc.
(some copy to their pc because the network around here isn't always the
best-speed and up)
If they need to adjust a schematic symbol or a footprint they can add it to
their schematic sheet or pcb and
make a project library then do as they wish. I have also provided a
secondary library for new symbols and footprints.
The designers can add and change but not delete. After those parts are
proven to work and they are checked they are moved
over to the parts library.