Brad Velander
Lead PCB Design
Norsat International Inc.
#100 - 4401 Still Creek Dr.,
Burnaby, B.C., Canada.
V5C6G9.
voice: (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
fax:    (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: www.norsat.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Rusty Garfield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 9:59 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: RE: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Library Share

Hi Brad
Even though you will not be around any more( I hope you left insurance)
anyone with read access can still open
the parts library and copy out all the libraries to another library file
and now have all file privileges.
All the parts library is doing is to have a central area for all common
parts that have been check out as to form
fit and function and cannot be altered by the designer at large. We also do
not allow users to password protect
their individual files. That is done by the os protecting the directories.
  We have around 25 users.