We've been experiencing fatal errors associated with printing as well. We
are probably one of the largest users of Protel Software around. Problems
with swapping from one network printer to another in Protel have caused us
some trouble. We get access violation errors regularly and I found a
workaround for us... we have one printer that is an HP laserjet 4 (I think)
and when I select it as a printer after having experienced a failure from
the printer setup dialog box with our plotter or our copier/printer, and
then go back to the printer/plotter I wish to use.. the error clears and I
can work with the printer normally. Why it does that I don't know. We have
been logging the errors and crashes and will be sending that data to Protel
when we have them compiled with some sort of guess as to the pattern we are
seeing. The stations having the printing problems are using WIN2000 w/
512megs of ram not 98 or 95. (98 has it's own problems... 95 was fairly
stable.) I really don't think its a RAM issue.

Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer
DATRON WORLD COMMUNICATIONS INC.
3030 Enterprise Court
Vista, CA 92083
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
IPC Designers Council, San Diego Chapter
http://www.ipc.org/SanDiego/
http://home.fda.net/bbrooks/pca/pca.htm