Dear Mr. Cobb,

Peter Schoepe has the best idea -- look at the data sheets of the exact part you
are using, and the "general instructions" at the beginning of the data book.
Since most companies have datasheets online on the web, it makes it much easier
to look this sort of stuff up. For example, I have
  http://www-us.semiconductors.philips.com/products/
on my favorites list to look up 74HCxxx series ``logic'' parts and some of the
power transistors I use.

The Protel FAQ has a small section
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/protel-users/files/protelfaq.html#bibliography
that deals with general (non-Protel-specific) design tips.

Is there a single ``electronics design tips and traps'' FAQ somewhere I could
link to, rather than have this duplicated in the FAQ of each and every CAD tool
?

--
David Cary

Nicholas Cobb wrote:
> In a post about a month ago Mr. Lomax mentioned that leaving a CMOS input
> open could cause problems on a board.  Are there any references that will
> help me learn the details that might cause problems like this in commercial
> devices?  Up to this point I have been making circuit boards that will be
> used only by me.  I am just starting to work on some that will be mass
> produced.  Any sort of help would be appreciated.
> Thank you,
> Nick Cobb

* To join or leave this list visit: