At 12:49 PM 4/6/01 +1000, Geoff Harland wrote:

>However, I have been requested by fellow employees to create Acrobat files
>in which the pages of Assembly printouts (also) contain searchable text.
>("There are umpteen hundred components installed on this PCB. Now, exactly
>where on the PCB is component R104 installed? ...") To achieve this, I
>select the option (provided by the Power Print Server) of using *Windows*
>fonts rather than *Protel* fonts. However, as I have reported previously,
>both to this forum and directly to Protel, text strings can be displaced
>(from their actual locations) within the resulting *actual* printouts,
>*unless* the printout is of a mirrored nature. This means mirroring the
>entire PCB file to produce (acceptable) Top side Assembly printouts.
>(Arrrgh!!) :(

I do bottom assembly drawings by making mirrored bottom padmaster and
bottom legend gerber photoplots and then importing them to an assembly
drawing layer. I also do this with the top assembly, and I then have top
and bottom assembly drawings side-by-side on a single assembly drawing.
(The top assembly is typically co-located with the actual PCB.) It's nice
that Protel allows pads on mech layers....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433