Why don't you change the net labels you don't want in the netlist to
annotation text? Am I missing something? It wouldn't be the first time. ;-}

The annotation text will give the same look but won't be netlisted, thus
keeping the same look and feel to the schematic. On the +5.3V, instead of
deleting it you could have replaced it with +5.3V as anotation  text and
thus the information that VCC is +5.3V would be kept, but the netlister
would only use VCC.  I suppose in some cases you might end up with the real
net name and the old name in annotation text on the same page, but that
could be used to your advantage in future support of the board by showing
the transistion to the new design.

I've been doing a bunch of support work taking over existing designs with
problems, and the only one that is truly understandable was done by an
outside consultant who used the text annotation to explain what the circuit
did and why. The internally done designs just have the schematic and a word
document that says things like "Page 4 is the input buffers and filtering
for channels 0-7.".

Rob