hello,

we bid and got a job to remanufacture some legacy boards out of
an old military system that has finally started to go low on spares.
several were modest two-layer boards.  they had crude trace and
drill drawings to look at, but no gerbers.

i'm working on a 10-layer one now.  i decided to go ahead and do
a schematic and then go to the pcb from there.  so i redrew their
schematic into protel.

they show several connector pins and a test point going to ground,
which i have confirmed is a plane on the board.  on a schematic, i
generally put all my connectors on the last page, and just use global
nets on the previous ones to tie in to the connectors.  so i have on
the first page several nets, a test point, and a powerport ground tied
together.

my problem is that when i generate a netlist, it appears to have
decided to delete (most likely as redundant) all the nets tied to the
GND port except one.  i am also troubled that i see my GND port
listed nowhere in the netlist.  for that matter, i don't see my VCC
port either.  instead i see a +5.3V net name that is the equivalent.

NOTE:  i build my own libraries, and hardwire grounds and power
in the schematic itself.

so why don't my VCC and GND ports show up in the netlist?  and
how do i get back the multiple nets tied to GND?

thank you, miker